Peter Vann (Visiting Vascular Surgeon)
Mr Peter Vann (Vanniasingham) - Vascular and Varicose Vein Clinic
First New Zealand vascular surgeon by examination FRACS (vascular), trained under tutelage of DeBakey & Crawford trained vascular surgeons.
Worked with Professor Sir Peter Bell UK pioneer vascular surgeon, Professor Matt Thompson London one of the current world leading endovascular surgeons, Professor Ross Naylor Leicester Carotid guru and world expert.
Dr Peter Vann was former Head of Vascular Surgery south and east Auckland vascular unit Middlemore hospital, Auckland, New Zealand. Currently, he is a visiting specialist Vascular Surgeon Auckland Regional Vascular Unit Auckland City Hospital, as well as a specialist Vascular surgeon Mercy Ascot Group of Hospitals Auckland, Southern Cross & Brightside Hospital & Ormiston Hospital Auckland NZ.
Honorary Senior Lecturer Vascular Surgery University of Auckland Medical School, Supervisor of Vascular Surgery Training Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Interests in all aspects of vascular surgery:
- Carotid Disease - Stroke Prevention - Endarterectomy
- Aortic Aneurysm & Occlusive Disease - Endovascular Stent Graft and Open Aneurysm Bypass Surgery
- Peripheral Arterial Bypass (PVD) - Endovascular / Surgery - for Limb Salvage - Lower and Upper Limbs - Stenting and Surgical Revascularisation
- Varicose Veins - Treatment/Scanning
- Venous Surgery and Vein Treatment
- Vascular Access for Dialysis and Oncology.
Vascular Surgery Specialist Fellowship Australia and UK, Member Division of Vascular Surgery Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Member of Australian and NZ Society of Vascular Surgery, Member of NZ Society of Vascular Surgery
Positions Held & Memberships:
- Specialist Vascular Surgeon, Auckland Regional Vascular Unit, Auckland City Hospital. Head of Vascular Surgery CMDHB- Middlemore 1999 to 2008,
- Visiting Specialist Vascular Surgeon MercyAscot, Brightside Southern Cross & Ormiston hospitals.
- Member Division Vascular Surgery RACS, member ANZSVS and NZSVS,
- Vascular Surgery fellowships UK & Australia.
- First NZ vascular surgeon to obtain the FRACS (Vascular) by examination.
- Southern Cross affiliated provider for varicose veins.
Satellite clinics at
- Ascot Integrated Hospital, Remuera
- Eastmed, St Heliers
- Eastcare, Botany
- Cardiology Institute @ 119 Apollo Drive, Albany
- 181 Shakespeare Road, Takapuna
Contact for all bookings:
- Phone (09) 520 9543 (PA) or (09) 215 0789
- Fax 0800 4 VASCULAR (0800 4 82728)
- Website www.vascularclinics.co.nz
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- EDI petervan